Meet Adventure Jes

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Home: When Was the Last Time you Played Tourist?

 I love daydreaming about my next vacation or weekend getaway! Who doesn't? My bestie and I have on-going emails speculating epic bike routes, races, and bike-friendly city wanderings on this continent and the next. Getting away is always the goal, but who says you can't get away at "home"?

It didn't take more than a few memorable, jovial journeys in other hemispheres to open my eyes to the biking wonders right here in my backyard. Home: the stay-cation in Fort Collins!

When I was feeling stressed and pressed for time in grad school, the easiest getaway was grabbing my bestie, my camera, and designing routes to explore my own town. There's always something to be experienced: a new museum exhibit, new restaurant, new beverage joint, new construction, new (free) live music, and new combinations of all the above to create a beautiful day on the bike!

When was the last time you glanced at your home town as a tourist?
Cheers for now!
Adventure Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment