Meet Adventure Jes

Friday, February 12, 2016

Pedaling with Cats: A Daydream

Sidecars.
Aviator goggles and leather helmets.
That one time we saved ourselves from sure destruction!

As you might expect, I find daydreaming about bikes a common occurrence. The chilly winter days and ice-covered streets and bike-ways understandably stimulate thoughts of sunshine, warm laughter, and summer afternoons filled with exciting discoveries and visiting "oldie but goodie" favorite places.

I wish... I really wish... my cat enjoyed biking as much as I do and would tag along without any fuss. Perhaps it's just his nature: he doesn't really like meeting new people, has a healthy fear of the Great Outdoors, and finds joy in sleeping in the sun. I hear this is pretty typical for cats.

Dream with me a moment, though: imagine a cat in the front basket of a bike! Better yet: a cat in a bicycle side-car wearing aviator goggles and a leather helmet!

We could explore nearby parks (he'd nap in the sunshine or climb the trees), play in the river (he'd keep his paws dry until a fish swam by), or enjoy people-watching at a local brewery's patio - maybe even make a few new friends! It would be endless fun!

Oh well, it was worth the daydream.
Cheers for now,
Adventure Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment